Thursday 16 August 2018

Birthday Shaker card

Hello everyone,

For today's card project I am making a birthday shaker card using stamps and stencils from Craftyscrappers. Craftyscrappers is an Indian company which has lovely themed stamps and stencils and many more craft products. 

I am using Super siblings stamp set and Box pattern stencil. The stencil is 2 in 1 stencil but I am using only one from it. 



Materials used:
1. Craftyscrappers
   a. Stamp - Super siblings
   b. Stencil - Box pattern
   c. Shaker elements
2. Distress inks
    a. Squeezed lemonade
    b. Broken China
    c. Lucky clover
3. Square dies
4. Embossing folder - Anna Griffth
5. Double sided adhesive
6. Black card stock
7. Altenew jet black ink 
8. Colour pencils
9. White card stock
10. Liquid perals
11. Glossy accents
12. Ink blending tool

How did I make this: 
1. I always start with stamping and colouring my image. I have stamped both the images from the set to show how they look. Loved colouring them. 


2. I coloured and fuzzy cut my image. This time, I adhered it to black card stock to give a black outline to the image.


3. Now to the stenciling part. I took only one stencil from the set and placed it on white cardstock. I used distress inks to create an background. 





4. Next, I shifted the stencil slightly to create a pattern. For this I used distress inks. I trimmed it out to fit the shaker. 


5. I die cut a square from white card stock an then dry embossed it. Then I added a piece of acetate with double sided adhesive and added shaker elements. I added foam adhesive on the sides. I used the pattern paper and added the entire piece to a white card stock. 




6. I added the image using foam adhesive to the front of the card. 


7. I added the sentiment and a logo from the set. To finish the card, I added some liquid pearls and glossy accent to his eyes. 






I hope you all enjoyed the card as much as me.  


Check out Craftyscarppers BLOG for more inspiration by our creative/design team members. 

Happy crafting

2 comments:

  1. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shaker cards! This is really cool and love the tutorial too. Thank you for joining the Lets Craft and Create challenge this month and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete