Thursday 15 February 2018

Peek-a-boo card - Creative Crafters DT

Hi all,

I am here for a new and amazing project made for creative crafters design team. Its a peek - a - boo card or a hide n seek card. When I wanted to make this card I was not sure how the result will turn out but I was very happy at the final look of the card.The process of the card might look complex but its very easy to make.  This is a long post, please be patient.. 


Check out The creative crafters blog for more details about challenge HERE




The stamps I used are from Craftyscrappers (HERE) 


This project requires 3 card stocks and 3 pattern papers. I have mentioned the size of these in the picture but still wanted to mentioned them here once. I have not posted pictures of the pattern paper (I forgot to take them) but they can be seen in the card. 


A) Size of cardstock/paper:

5 1/2" x 8 1/4"
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" 
5 1/2" x 5 3/4"


B) Size of pattern paper:

5 3/8" x 5 3/8"
5 3/8" x 4 1/8" - 2 numbers are required
























Please be very careful with the following steps as these are important in making the card (any queries regarding these steps feel free to contact me). I have used oval shaped dies for this project as I thought they will make it look good. 




Take the card front and turn it upside down. Place the oval die, with the blade side down, midway between the top and bottom, with the cutting blade flush against the edge of the folded panel. 


Remove the oval die cut, but leave the die in place. This is Window 1 where the first picture will be seen.



Take the inner card and place it back-to-back with the card front, aligning the edges. Trace the inside edge of the oval die lightly with a pencil as shown. Remove the oval die from the card front and place it precisely around the pencil-drawn oval on the inner card. 


The die has to been run twice through the die cut machine as the layers of the card are thick and will not cut at one run.  Once the left side of card has been cut, place the oval side on the right side of the card (there will be a groove or mark and its very easy to place the die) 


This image is more clear (without pattern paper). This is window 2 and window 3. 


Now all the 3 windows are to aligned together. The edges of this card (I glued the right side of the card) to the edge of the main card front


Apply glue to the 1/4" of the card (cardstock 5 1/2" x 5 3/4" and scored at 5 1/2")


Adhered this card stock very carefully to the edge of the 2nd card stock ( near the 3rd window) The first image for the card will come on this card stock (align with the window)






The above images show where the pictures are to be placed

I used oval shaped dies to decorate the windows and for the images. I have shown the decoration for this card as my theme was Cinderella fairy tale theme. 







The card opens and closes like 





I hope you all enjoyed this card. 
Please like and follow my facebook page for more

No comments:

Post a Comment