Wednesday 31 October 2018

Layered die card

Hello,

This post is about layering dies from Birch Press Designs. Birch Press has lots of stackable dies which are amazing. I love these dies and how they stack on each other to give a beautiful look. 

For this card, I used Prem layer set from BPD. Instead of using white card stock, I wanted to use colour ones. But unfortunately I did not have shades of the same colour. So here is the trick - what I did, I cut down the card stock into squares and literally rubbed the ink pad onto the card stock to get 3 shades of yellow. Here I used altenew inks but all inks work. 

Special feature - whats special about this particular die? If you see the image below, This die has 2 sets. One on the out and the other is middle piece (where the sentiment is attached). This set can be used to make 2 sets of cards. But I didn't do that. I wanted more dimension hence I added 2 more layers of white cardstock on the back of the dies. 


Since the die itself acts as the main image and embellishment, I just added this to a top fold note card and added the sentiment on the centre. This die cut has so much of dimension, it acts as an embellishment. 




While I was making this card, I wanted to enter this in the following challenges:
1. Less is More
2. Addicted to stamps and more

I hope you all liked my card

Happy Crafting

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this has so much dimension and I love the colors too! Thanks so much for linking up at ATSM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card with dimension ! These yellow shades are gorgeous and so luminous. Beautiful take on our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect die set for our dimension challenge. I recently bought the BPD mandala stencil set and can't wait to use it. They're so effective. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Love the shades of yellow against the white background and the lovely sentiment. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete