Friday 29 March 2019

Altered embroidery hoop card

Hi there 

Today, I am so happy and excite to be guest designing for Scrapping4fun challenge #137 and it is anything goes. I wanted to make a card which had something different. I used an old embroidery hoop I had which measures 5 x 5 inches. I used stamps from My favourite things - BB Polynesian Paradise

The embroidery hoop after being decorated can be used as a fridge magnet (add a strong big magnet on the back of the paper base) or the card base can be kept circle (just half an inch larger than the hoop) or a card using top fold or side note card. If you have any such old items in your stash you can change them into a card or any craft piece. 






Materials used:
1. My favourite things - BB Polynesian Paradise
2. White note card
3. Pattern paper (matching the theme)
4. Embroidery hoop (smaller the better)
5. Colour pencils
6. Gem stones
7. Tacky glue & double sided adhesive
8. Distress ink (to ink the card base)
9. Glossy accents (only for the eyes)
10. Gold liquid pearls (to small flowers)



1. I took an old embroidery hoop and traced it on a pattern paper. I cut out the pattern paper according to the size. This is to cover on side of the hoop.
2. I stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut all the images. I has made lots of the images as I didn't have an idea how I was going to arrange them.
3. The magic starts now........
I first pasted the pattern paper to the hoop using tacky glue. Any strong adhesive works here.
4. I started adding the images accordingly and I kept the rest of unused images to make another card. 
5. I added some gem stone on the inside of the hoop where I added the sentiment. 
6. I added the hoop to a top fold note card using double sided adhesive. 
7. I felt the card base was empty and it required something. So I distress inked the edges and added some flowers to finish the card. 

Here are some close ups:









Challenges entered:
1. Crafty creations challenge
2. Angies stamp challenge
3. Lemon shortbread challenge
4. A bit more time to craft challenge
5. The Crafty addicts


I hope you all got inspired by this card and will give it try. 
Thanks for stopping by

Happy crafting. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great way to use an old wooden embroidery hoop - your card is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks great. Inovative use of the hoop.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in Angie's Digital SAtamps Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fun card! Makes me want to go somewhere tropical! Thanks so much for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete