Thursday 25 July 2019

Explosion box with matching card and tag

Hello,

Welcome back....


Today, I have a huge project where I made an explosion box and matching card and tag. To make them, I used pattern paper from Dress my craft - Floral symphony and dies Flower 2 and Floral guitar. Do not forget to follow my blog and stay updated


First I made an explosion box using papers from the paper pack and then decided to make matching card and tag from the same set. I used a 12 x 12 paper pack which was more than enough to make all 3 projects. 


For the sentiments, I used Mudra stamps as they had wonderful sentiment. The girl image used in all projects, are from the paper pack. I fuzzy cut the image from the papers and used them in the projects. There is coordinating motif sheets too available. 


Before I dive into the details, here is a list of materials used..........


Materials used:

1. Dress my craft
    a. Floral symphony
    b. Flower 2 
    c. Floral guitar
    d. White cardstock
    e. Cardstock - flower making
    f.  Flower pearls
    g. Rounded tag punch
    h. Vellum sheet
    i. Foliage leaves 6
2. Mudra stamps
3. Glue
4. Lawn Fawn inks
    a. Peacock
    b. Sugarplum
5. Dies 
    a. Elizabeth Craft designs - Bunch of flowers 3
    b. Itsy bitsy - Leaves
6. Glossy accents (to add the flower pearls)
7. Pollens
8. Scoring board
9. Gem stones
10. Tim holtz scissors (to distress the edge of paper)




EXPLOSION BOX


To make the explosion box, I took 3 sizes of cardstock. Here, I made 3 layer explosion box but it can also be made as one layer or two layer or more than 3 layers too. I had so much fun making them and its so easy to make it and give it out as a gift. 

EXPLOSION BOX LID



For the lid of the box, I took a white cardstock and distresses the edges and added a piece of pattern paper.
I added 2 tags using the rounded tag punch.
Then, I added the image along with a frame circle die cut out of vellum.
I made some flowers using DMC dies and ECD dies. To ink, them I used lawn fawn inks here. 
I added them along with some leaves. I use white leaves so they enhance the flowers. 
I also added some flower pearls and gem stones.
To finish the lid, I added the sentiment along with some pollens. 

EXPLOSION BOX LAYERS


I have 3 layers made for this explosion. Each layer is 1.5 inches smaller than the previous layer. 
I distressed the bases using scissors and and also distressed the pattern papers. If you do not have a tool to distress, use scissors.
I made small pockets to add tags... 
There is enough space to keep a gift in the explosion box.. 
Below is a picture when the layers are closed.

TAGS PLACED IN THE LAYERS





CARD


The card base measures 6 x 6 inch and added a paper that has some word prints on them.
I started layering up the rest of the papers. 
All the papers are distressed using scissors. 
I also added tags here which are also distressed edges. 
I die cut a circle out of vellum and added the girl image. This image is fuzzy cut from one of the pattern papers. 
I then added flowers made using ECD dies and kept the flowers and leaves white. 
I added a sentiment and some gemstone to finish the card. 

CLOSE UP






TAG



I decided to make a tag as well to go along with the box and card. 
The size of the tag is 4 x 6 inches
I used tag punch to make 2 tags and the super cute image card which is available in the paper pack. 
I added the vellum die cut floral guitar. Its a beautiful die set that goes with almost every theme. 
Using dies I made a big flower and a couple of small flowers. The colour of these flowers are matching the colours in the pattern paper. 
I added some pollens, sentiment and gemstones to finish the tag. 




Challenges entered:
1. Paper craft challenge
2. Love to craft challenge
3. Lets create challenge
4. Classic deign team challenge
5. A perfect time to craft challenge
6. Scrapper's delight challenge
7. Crafters castle
8. Besties challenge
9. The paper funday challenge
10.  Corrosive challenge
11. Crafting with an attitude
12. Morgan's art world Challenge
13. Get creative challenge
14. Imagine that digistamp challenge


I hope you all enjoyed the projects..

Stay tuned for more projects coming up
Until my next post
Happy Crafting and stay happy. 

12 comments:

  1. your explosion-box is totally adorable!
    Thanks for playing at Paper Funday Challenge and I wish you the best of luck! We hope to see you again.
    Regina DT-Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project Priyadarshini, Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Wendy DT for http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations Priyadarshini! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely dimensional project! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Awesome projects! I love how you all layered.
    Thank you for entering your project at Let's Craft and Create challenge blog!
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and so creative. Thank you so much for sharing. The colors and I love the edges. You have inspired me.
    Melanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous exploding box love the image,beautiful flowers and all the distressed layers.Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what an amazing project you did here with all those parts. The box is amazing.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights challenge blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Monica DT for https://www.scrappersdelights.co.uk/challenge-blog#/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool box card; love all the layers and details! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s July Challenge! –Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fabulous explosion card!!!! I absolutely adore this! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights challenge blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Judy Markowitz DT for https://www.scrappersdelights.co.uk/challenge-blog#/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful....Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappers Delights Challenge Blog and the best of luck with your entry. Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your set is stunning _ That is alot of fussy cutting!!!!
    Thank you for participating in our papercraft challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next one.

    Lesli – Design Team member at Papercraft Business



    Join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges!

    Visit my blog - Vintage Scraps Canada.

    ReplyDelete