Sunday 4 April 2021

Birthday Pull and reveal card

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media. 

Today, I have a very simple and easy interactive using DIY PAPER CRAFT KIT - KIDS SPECIAL - BIRTHDAY THEME along with Dinosaur and friends. The card for today is a Pull & reveal card and even though there are dies available for the same, I thought I will not use them and instead show how to make it without any dies.  I have a write below as well as video tutorial on how I made this card. 



This is a regular A2 size top fold card and to start with, I stamped the dinosaur image and the cupcake image on white circle die cut piece. It is not necessary for it to be circle, it can also be square. I took two sizes of circle, where the largest one will be shown on the top and the smaller one will be hidden. 

To make the mechanism (Split in three parts)

Part A
I took a white card stock measuring 1 1/4 inches by 5 inches
Along the 5 inch side, from my left side using a scale I made a mark at 1 inch and 1/8 of an inch from the first line. Using a score tool, I scored both the lines well.


Part B

Along the short side and along the scored lines, I made a mark at 0.5cm (3/16 of an inch)on the sides and drew a straight line and then cut them out. 


Part C

Once the mechanism is ready, I need to make the next part which is necessary for the mechanism to work. 
I have a 3.5 inch black cardstock and 3.25 inch pattern pattern added together. 
I flipped it over and places the largest circle die and made two marks at either side which measures 7/8th of an inch. 
Using an excato/paper knife I made small slit and then the mechanism piece will slide in freely. 



Once the mechanism fits in the square part, its time to assemble the card together. 
If you can see the above picture, I did not add the circle piece close to the mechanism or cover it because the pull part will not work. So its best to leave a little space and add. 


To finish the card, I added the sentiment and couple of gemstones. 

Challenges entered:

Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card. 
 Stay happy and keep crafting.

13 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create challenge. Anesha .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and instructions ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and so creative. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy, Crafty Sentiments, Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so much fun, love all the different layers. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    what a great style card and I love your pullelement it looks brilliant.
    Wonderful image and colours used.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super leuk gedaan. Dank je wel voor je deelname bij digidoodlestudioschallengeblog. Succes met je inzending
    Groetjes Marga dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card, thanks for the instructions too.
    Thanks for joining us for the latest challenge at Uniko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious Challenges.
    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh! a Super and fun card and wonderful tutorial. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Birthdays”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun interactive birthday card!!! The dinosaur is just adorable too! Loved the video as I'm a visual person. Thanks so much for playing along at 2CCC!!!
    ~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
    Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card. Thank you for joining our Digi Doodle Studios challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this fun mechanical card with us in the Uniko Spring Challenge #64.
    Creative greetings from Wiebke (Uniko Brand Ambassador)

    ReplyDelete