Monday 30 August 2021

Janmashtami cards

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

Today is a special festival for all in India. We are celebrating Janmashtami or Krishna Jayanti, the birth of Lord Krishna. He is the naughtiest kid and hearing his stories while growing up and performing them in my dance performances was absolute fun for me. There are so many songs dedicated to him and today, I have two cards made to celebrate Lord Krishna. For these cards, I am using Krishna stamp setPeacock feathers stencil and dye inks for watercolouring and stenciling. 


CARD 1


To start with, I stamped the image on watercolour paper using Lead grey ink
I coloured using Chocolate brown, Emerald green, Tangy orange, Lilac purple dye inks. I fuzzy cut the image and kept it aside.
I took a top fold note card and added a black cardstock. I took another piece of white card and stenciled using peacock feathers stencil with Aqua blue dye ink. 
Added the stenciled piece and a vellum sheet to the base and added the image and sentiment to finish the card. 




CARD 2


For my next card, I used only the stencil and sentiment from the stamp set. 
I used Lead grey dye ink to first stencil on white card stock.
I separately stenciled one feather using Aqua blue ink and highlighted using colour pencils. 
I fuzzy cut the feather and added foam adhesive to it and added the sentiment on top of it. 
To give more highlight, I used black pen and white gel pen to add some dots. 





Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment