Thursday 24 February 2022

Bitterrot flowers

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

I am back with another card and its all florals this time with products from Altenew. For my card, I used Deck planks 3D embossing folder and Bitterroot Flower layering stencil along with inks from Altenew as well. 

I played along with their monthly challenge and I used the colours from the same. I went a step ahead to make it more fun by only stenciling one layer for the yellow flower. The stencil I used has 3 layering components for each element and its wonderful to use. There is coordinating dies as well for them but I went ahead and fuzzy cut it. I sometimes feel fuzzy cutting is faster for me unless there is a lot of curves like leaves..lol

I used Shades of purple for one flower, Tropical forest for the leaves and calyx and Warm sunshine for the yellow flower. I first did the purple flower, all three layers and fuzzy cut it. Then, I used warm sunshine to stencil the first layer of the large flower. I used my alcohol markers to add some interest to the flowers. I stenciled the leaves and calyx and cut them out as well. 

I wanted a fun background, so I used 3D embossing folder for the same. I trimmed it down and added it to the card base. I started layering the flowers and leaves and added a sentiment. To finish the card, I accented it with some pearls. 



Challenges entered:

Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

14 comments:

  1. Oh My, this card and those florals are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stencils have come a long way… this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card with beautiful colour mix. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great color combo and gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card ...loving bright and bold colours ..giving summer vibes
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and such a lovely sentiment too.

    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge :)

    ReplyDelete