Monday 14 March 2022

Sunflower always

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

I am back with another card today here using my favourite flower - Sunflowers. I love them and I can't get enough of them. I will be making more cards and small DIY projects using sunflowers in my upcoming posts. 

For my card here, I am using free digital image from Powerpoppy designs - Sunflower power. Below in my picture, I have come more flower elements in the background. I love love love them. I should also say that the joy I had while colouring the image is beyond explanation. 


For my card here, I started with printing the image on white cardstock. The best part about digital images are the manipulation of the size of the image. After I fixed the size of the image, I printed out the image. I use laser printer for printing always as they give a very crisp image to colour. I use neenah white cardstock here, earlier I used cardstock from a local store but the image was never crisp and great. Neenah white cardstock gives the best result. 

After the image is printed, I let it aside for about 10 mins and then start colouring. I use colour pencils always to colour the images and here I used yellow and orange for the petals and green for the leaves. After colouring, I added some interest with white gel pen and fussy cut the image. I used a pattern paper for the background and added a frame using silver cardstock. I added some stones and a sentiment to finish the card. 


Challenges entered:
https://craftinghappinesschallenges.blogspot.com/2022/03/121-march-anything-goes-always.html

Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

12 comments:

  1. I love this wonderful image and all it stands for and your colouring of it is beautiful too. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done, love your coloring and great card design! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card love the sunflowers!

    Thanks for joining in at IkesWorldchallenges
    DT Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sunflower! The coloring and shading are amazing. Love the diagonal striped background. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Autumnal Sunflower, many thanks for joining in our Spring theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete