Monday 23 May 2022

Mask off technique

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

I am back with another set of cards and this time I made them using masking technique. They are easy and simple ones to make with or without masking paper, these cards can be made. All 3 cards have floral elements and with a lot of inking. All these cards can be made even as a one layer card. For the cards, I am using all products from Tubby craft and you can check out the link HERE



Card 1 - Making using washi tape


For the first card, I used Lemon yellow and Imperial read ink
I used washi tape to mask off vertically and add the colours from both the sides. 
I used blending brushes from Tubby craft
I kept shifting and moving the washi tape to get a striped inked background on one side
After the ink is completely dry, I stamped Plumeria on either side and added a sentiment
To finish the card, I added some gemstones and added the piece to a top fold notecard. 



Card 2 - Masking using negative space


For the next card, I took a piece of masking paper and die cut 3 sizes of circles randomly.
I used the negative space of the masking paper here and inked all the 3 die cut parts using Emerald ink, Imperial red and Hot pink
While inking, I kept one side darker and lightened it as I went by
After the inks were dry, I stamped the images from Bright day and added a sentiment from Fancy sentiments
I added some gemstones and finished the card by adding it to a top fold notecard.




Card 3 - making with stencil

For the final card, I used the die cut masking paper which I did earlier and added that to a white cardstock.
I added the masked die cut pieces randomly on the card stock and inked with Turquoise, hot pink and Imperial red
Keeping the masked pieces there, I used striped stencil to add more interest to the card
I turned it diagonally and inked using the same colours again.
Then, I stamped the images from Bright day and floral peony and added some colour to them.
Finally, I added a sentiment and some gemstones to finish the card. 




Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment