Thursday 5 May 2022

Mom is special

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media. 

Second Sunday of May every year, we celebrate mother's day. A mother is always a superhero for every child. I love my mom and our gossips go on for hours together... lol  I decided to make two cards to celebrate mother's day and both have a different colour scheme. I used one stamp to make both the cards and even though its a layer stamp set, I preferred to use the outline for the floral image. 

The stamp I am using today is Build-a-flower - Gardenia layering stamp set from Altenew. Its a beautful stamp stamp that comes with coordinating dies which makes it easy for masking or die cutting for making a layout (while I was typing this I thought I will make a layout as well with this stamp set, will post it soon). 


Which is your favourite card out of the two??? Comment below

Card 1


This is my first card and I am playing along with colours from Altenew inspiration challenge. 
I stamped the flower with black ink and started colouring with shades of pink
I die cut the same and masked off the flower to add some leaves
I die cut and masked the leaves also, so I can splatter some black ink in the background.
I added some yellow gems to the card and added a sentiment
I stamped the sentiment on the coloured image and loved the result

Card 2


Here, I am working with black cardstock and playing with prisma colours
I had a tough time as its my first time with black cardstock and I had no idea what colours to choose and how to go by
I stamped with white ink and it didn't workout, so I ended up white embossing the flower outline
I chose some summer colours for the flower and for the leaves, stamped with mild green ink and added some interest with pencils
I added the sentiment and some white splatters white white gel pen


Challenges entered:











Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

16 comments:

  1. Both are lovely designs but I am partial to the 1st; the bright colors are beautiful against the bright white background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share more lovely projects soon.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back wearing a different DT hat to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share more lovely projects soon.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go shopping your stash…beautiful cards for that special lady in your life!! Thanks for playing along with our “What a difference you made” challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, two very stunning cards. But the black back ground makes the flower look more beautiful. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL coloring & design on both cards! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful contrasting cards, I confess I am drawn to the dark one but of course I like them both. What a different look you can make with the same stamp. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those splatters are perfection ... striking designs ... so very glad you joined our *What a difference you've made* Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

    Hugs
    DT Meenaa Herale

    https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love the different outcomes!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Colouring in Scrapland. Good luck

    ReplyDelete