Hey crafty friends! Is it just
me, or do we all need a gentle reminder to take a break and indulge sometimes?
Life can get busy, and it's so easy to push self-care to the bottom of the
list. That's why I created this card – a little sugary pick-me-up to remind
someone (or maybe just myself!) that it's okay to indulge. If you’re a fan of
making sweet, whimsical cards, this one's for you!
This card was all about fun and
simplicity. I wanted to use a selection of adorable, "kawaii-style"
dessert stamps. Think ice cream cones with personalities, boba cups that smile,
and chocolate chip cookies that just look happy to see you. There's something
instantly cheering about these designs. The goal was to build a collage of
yummy things, centered around a simple, powerful message.
I started with a base of rustic kraft cardstock. Kraft cardstock provides a lovely, natural texture that makes the bright colors of the sweets really pop. It also gives the card a slightly less formal, more cozy feel. To give it more dimension, I added white ink splatters across the background. This technique is a simple way to create texture and visual interest. (Tip: Cover your stamped images with scrap paper if you do this after coloring!)
Coloring the Treats: The core of
this card is the Copic-colored sweet treats. I used a variety of cheerful
marker combinations to bring the sweets to life:
- Ice Cream Cone: Mint green and pastel pink for the scoops, with warm browns for the cone.
- Boba Tea: A mix of blues for the drink and different shades of green for the straw.
- Hot Cocoa: Soft pinks and blues for the mug and the cream.
- Slices & Cupcake: I chose bright purples, yellows, and pinks for the layers and the cherry on top.
- Cookies: Classic warm browns and tan for the chocolate chip cookies.
Don't forget the sparkles: Adding white gel pen highlights
really makes these images look finished and a little extra magical.
Arranging the Layout: Once the
images were colored and fussy-cut, I arranged them in a pleasing cluster around
the sentiment. The central sentiment, "TREAT yourself," is stamped in
black ink using a bold, playful font that matches the illustrative style of the
sweets. I popped some of the images up with foam squares to add different
levels and dimensions to the card.
Mix and Match: Don't be afraid to
pull stamps from different sets. Creating a "treat buffet" is a great
way to use your stash.
Embrace Color: This is not the
time to be subtle! Go for bright, happy colors that make you smile.
Add Simple Texture: The white ink
splatters I used are a perfect example. A stencil and embossing paste or some
dimensional gloss could also work beautifully.
Keep It Light: The whole point of
a card like this is to bring joy. The simpler and more lighthearted the design,
the better.
I hope this card brings a little
bit of sweetness to your day. Whether you're sending it to a friend who needs a
smile, or keeping it as a reminder for yourself, a card that celebrates the
little joys in life is always a good idea. So, go ahead, make a sweet card,
share it, and of course... remember to treat yourself!
Challenges entered:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2026/08/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html
https://alessandrasangels.blogspot.com/2026/08/allys-angels-109-anything-goes-theme.html
https://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2026/08/anything-goes-764-765.html
https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-8-wk-3-craft-card-making.html
https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/08/classic-design-challenge-08-2026-augsep.html
https://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-crafts-galore-encore-challenge.html
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Happy crafting, everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment