Hello friends! Today, I’m sharing a super sweet and incredibly cheerful handmade card that is guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone’s face. There is just something undeniably joyful about ice cream, and this design captures that perfectly. For this project, I wanted a clean and simple aesthetic that lets the focal point—a cascade of happy, colorful treats—truly shine. To achieve this, I started with a clean white card base and added a thin vertical strip of textured gold glitter cardstock on the far left edge. This gold border adds a touch of elegance and frames the entire composition beautifully.
The stars of the show are, of course, the six adorable ice cream cones. These were created using a fun stamp and coordinating die set from To bring them to life, I colored each one in a vibrant and playful palette: sunny mint green, sweet lavender purple, and bright sky blue. Each little scoop features a delightfully simple, happy facial expression—winks, smiles, and closed-eye blisses—that give the card so much personality. I arranged them in an overlapping, diagonal cascade down the left side of the card, creating a sense of movement and abundance.
To balance this playful arrangement, I kept the sentiment simple and elegant. I stamped the phrase “Oh HAPPY Day…” in crisp black ink on the right side of the card. The varying font styles, combining a playful handwritten look with a clean serif, perfectly match the overall tone of the card. Finally, I added a few scattered, clear iridescent sequins around the sentiment cluster, giving it just a touch of subtle sparkle. This card was a pure joy to create, and I hope it inspires you to break out your fun stamps and create something sweet for someone you love. Until next time, happy crafting!
Challenges entered:


No comments:
Post a Comment