Tuesday 25 September 2018

Stenciling techniques

Hello,

I am here for Craftyscrappers DT and have an easy stenciling tutorial. I have used 2 stencils from Craftyscrappers and the technique is super easy. I have a link to the video post as well. 


Video link:  Stenciling technique tutorial video



Card 1




  1. I took 4 different shades of gray colour inks from Altenew
  2. I secured my stencil to the card stock.
  3. Using ear buds, I started adding colour to the stencil. I went by randomly adding colour to give each design in the stencil highlights.
  4. I stamped and coloured the butterfly
  5. I die cut the stencilled piece and added the same to a circle vellum piece
  6. I added the butterfly to the stencilled circle and stamped some little butterflies and sentiment.
  7. To finish the card, I added some embellishments.
Tips
  • Tracing paper can also be used as an alternative or vellum IF only being used for backgrounds.
  • This technique using ear buds works well for stencil which has intricate design as well as large designs.
  • Dye inks works best for this technique
Card 2


  1. I secured the stencil to the cardstock
  2. Since I am using colour pencils for this technique, I keep them sharp.
  3. I chose rainbow colour and started randomly adding colour
  4. Here, I used polychromos pencils
  5. I took 2 shades of each colour for this technique.
  6. Once I am done colouring, I added an oval die cut with a sentiment to the center of the card
  7. To finish it, I added some half dull gold beads.
Tips
  • Any colour pencil works for this technique
  • Any stencil design works for this technique.
  • Best technique for one-layer card
  
Card 3


  1. For this card, I did regular stenciling using Altenew inks
  2. I stamped my favourite image and coloured her.
  3. When I fuzzy cut this image, I left some gap from the image and added a black outline using alcohol markers.
  4. I added the sentiment and liquid pearls to finish the card.
Tip:
  • Black stock can be used instead of alcohol markers as outline
  • This technique is best for one-layer card.

I hope you all liked my card


Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment