Friday 1 March 2019

Interactive fold cards

Hello there,

I am here today with a video tutorial post for Craftyscrappers. I have made 2 interactive cards today. The first one is a side step fold card and the second is a center fold card. These are very easy to make and you just need to know the measurements and where to score and where to cut the card stock. 


For these cards, I use heavy base card stock both for the base and the image as well. There is enough space on the inside of the card to write a personal message as well. These are a2 size cards and can also be made in larger size. 


I selected an old stamp set and new release to make these cards. 






Link to videohttps://youtu.be/3Ql1VSt4f8k


Materials used:

1. Craftyscrappers
    a. Stamps
        i. Grow a little everyday
       ii. You and me
   b. Shaker element - Teenage chick
    c. Clear card element - acetate sheet
2. Altenew Inks
3. Pattern apaper
4. Colour pencils
5. Coloured card stock
6. Heavy white card stock
7. Glossy Accent
8. Memory box - Heart dies
9. Foam sheet
10. Tacky glue
11. Paper trimmer
12. Score board
13. Pencil and ruler
14. DCAM - Create a scene die




Card 1 - Side fold step card

For this card, I used the Rapzunel set called - Grow a little everyday. This is one the the first stamp sets I have from craftyscrappers. I used Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and the tower window. I made this card look like she was waiting for her hero. She was sitting in her tower and Flynn was in the forest. 


I created a scene for this card, I added some mountains, grass and some trees. I just wish I could do more with the scene. 





1. The size of the cardstock is 5.5 x 8.5 inch

2. I made a mark at 3" and then marked at 1" and 6.5".
3. Using a trimmer or a craft knife, make a cut from 1" until 6.5".
4. Score the card at 4 1/4" inches (at 2.5 inch side)
5. At the 3" side of the card, score at 1",2",3 1/4",4 1/2" and 6 1/2 " and crease the score as mountain fold and valley fold. 
6. I added the die cuts and images to decorate my card. To finish the card, I added the sentiment. 

Close ups:





Template




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Card 2 - Center fold card

For this card, I used the You and me set. The images are super cute. I did some masking and stamped the images separately. I also wanted to add a shaker element here so, I made a small heart shaker embellishment in the center of the card and added the images on either side. 




1. The size of the cardstock is 5.5 x 8.5 inch

2. I made a mark at 1 1/4" on both side at the 5.5 inch side. 
3. Using a trimmer or a craft knife, make a cut from 1"to 5 1/4". I marked them using a pencil, so its easy to cut them out. 
4. Score from both ends at 1", 2" and 5 1/4". Mark with a pencil to make the scoring easy. 
5. Score only in the middle at 4 1/4" (exactly at the center to make the card fold)
6. To make the shaker heart, I used heart die and craft foam. I added two layers of craft foam to make the shaker. Used tacky glue as an adhesive. 
7. I added all the elements to the card and finished it by adding the sentiment.

Close up:





Template



Challenges entered:

1. A bit more time to craft
2. Love to craft challenge
3. Lil patch of crafty friends
4. Crafty creations challenge
5. Not just cards challenge
6. Artistic inspirations
7. Crafting with friends
8. A perfect time to craft challenge
9. lemon short bread challenge
10. QKR Stampede
11. Scrapping4fun challenge
12. Crafty friends challenge
13. Time out challenges

I hope you all liked the tutorial. If you enjoyed it, subscribe to my channel and blog. 

Happy Crafting

8 comments:

  1. Hi your cards are stunning and just so clever. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog February Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards look great with you. Your colouring in is excellent.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, love all the detail and layers
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards with lots of layers....thanks for playing on Scrapping4funchallenges

    Hugs
    Rituparna DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these both look absolutely cute! I love the scenes you created, there's so many lovely details here. Wonderful coloring too and how great you are providing the templates of these cards for your followers. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So loving your the side fold in your "unique" card. Very fun interaction. Thanks so much for joining TIME OUT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again!! My goodness your so busy with all the cards you create, I'm so envious of your card making time! These are both so incredible. I've never made an interactive card and wouldn't know where to start. These are so sweet and love the 'love' themes. Your attention to detail is outstanding, as well as your colouring. I'm blown away again and so happy to see you again at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete