Thursday 3 September 2020

'Colours of joy' - Journal page

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

My post here for today is all about using products from Tubby Craft to make a journal page. I call this colours of joy. I have two steps here to proceed with the journal page. There is absolutely no rule when it comes to making a journal page, I just go with the flow.


Before starting with the journal page, I made my own pattern paper/decoupage paper using inks and stamps. To make this paper, I used a printer paper and between every step, I heat set them so the inks do not smudge and are crisp. 



I used mod podge to add the inked paper and then started with stenciling using mixed media paste and crackle paste. Tubby stencils are amazing and using paste for stenciling gives great texture. After they are completely dry, I added some white gesso as they will enhance the colours. 



I started adding the inks to the base (I did a double coat so they are darker). I came in when some black ink and did some stamping to add depth. Finally, I added all the images and finished the page. 




Stamps

                      Adorable Runner       Wishes With Magnolia    Buttercup

                       Adorable runner          Wishes with Magnolia                 Buttercup               

                                Boy and Girl Butterfly Love            Camelia Layered Flower
                                        Boy and girl          Butterfly love          Camellia layered flower



Inks

     Turquoise - Dye Ink Pad  Emerald Green - Dye Ink Pad  Olive Green - Dye Ink Pad

     Mustard Yellow - Dye Ink Pad  Aqua Blue - Dye Ink Pad  Imperial Red - Dye Ink Pad

     Jet Black - Dye Ink Pad   Chocolate Brown - Dye Ink Pad   Hot Pink - Dye Ink Pad


Stencils

                            Checkered Stencil       Leafy Stencil
                                           Checkered                                        Leafy


Hope you all enjoyed the post. 
See you all soon again with another post from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment