Tuesday 11 January 2022

Texture background with dye inks

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

I am back with a video tutorial for Tubby Craft and I have a 3 cards with different backgrounds where I used items lying around at home to have some texture and details. I used bubble wrap, microfibre cloth and lace with some texture and details and used them as a stamp to create the background. For the cards, I used three stamp sets and one sentiment to go for all cards. Stamps set I used here are Precious treasure, Bloom and Butterfly love

Tubby Craft has awesome dye inks that react with water which makes them perfect for watercolouring, inking, stenciling, stamping and more. Earlier I used the inks to make mixed media canvas and journal page. These inks serve a lot of purpose and this post is all about how to stretch them and use them on other materials apart from stamps. 




Video





Card using Bubble wrap


The first that popped in my mind when I thought about adding texture is bubble wrap. They work perfectly for any underwater card or just background. 
I took a white cardstock and mildly inked with Aqua blue ink using a blending brush.
Then, I took a scrap bubble wrap and used it as a stamp with Turquoise ink and stamped it on white note card. 
I stamped the Oyster with pearl, coloured and fuzzy cut the image. 
I trimmed down the background and added it to a note card and added strips of gold and black card stock and added the oyster image. 
I finished the card with some pearls and a sentiment. 




Card using Microfiber


Moving on to my next card, this is where I used my microfiber cloth which I use to clean my stamps.
This cloth has a lot of texture and gives a beautiful background. 
I used Tangy orange ink and dabbed the cloth directly onto the ink pad and stamped it on white cardstock. 
I stamped my favourite floral image from Bloom stamp set, coloured and fuzzy cut it out. 
I added a twine to the cardstock and secured it with a washi tape on the back of the card. 
I added some vellum die cut leaves and added the stamped image.
I finished the card with some embellishments and sentiment. 





Card using textured lace


Now to final card, I used a small piece of lace I had lying around at home and used the texture and the intricate design to make my background. 
I used Lavender violet ink and dabbed the lace on the ink pad and stamped it randomly on white cardstock. 
I trimmed it down to two squares and added it to my notecard
For this card, I used butterfly from Butterfly love stamp set and finished the card with gemstones and sentiment. 



Challenges entered:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards and fantastic use of different background techniques. Thank you so much for joining in with my challenge theme at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what stunning cards. The backgrounds are phenomenal and so fun! Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

    Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. These have come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful & original cards, love all three of them!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
    I look forward to see more of your creations.
    Hugs, Myriam
    DT Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great collection of cards and inspirational use of bubblew wrap.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful cards!
    All cards are very nice and elegant!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 2.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these techniques, I love the ideas! Thanks for joining in with the Colour Crazy Challenge, good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab idea. Great cards! Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday - best of luck!
    Maz DT
    https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete