Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Under-the-Sea Comic Card

Hello, crafty friends! Today, I am so excited to share a project that brought a huge smile to my face while making it. If you love cute critters, comic-strip layouts, and underwater vibes, this slimline card is right up your alley!

I wanted to create something interactive and story-driven using a comic-panel layout. Slimline cards are perfect for this because they give you plenty of vertical real estate to stack multiple scenes. What better theme for a multi-panel story than a bunch of cheerful sea creatures saying hello? For the card design, I coloured up an array of adorable ocean buddies—from a cheerful jellyfish and a sweet turtle to a smiling octopus and a little crab resting on the ocean floor.


The Panels: I divided the slimline base into several black-framed panels to create that classic comic book feel.The Backgrounds: Each panel features a soft, ink-blended blue gradient with subtle water droplets and bubbles to give the illusion of being underwater.The Characters: Using markers, pencils (and a gel pen for those crisp white highlights!), I coloured each little critter in bright, cheerful tones so they pop right off the card.The Dialogue: Speech bubbles like "HEY", "I AM JELLY", and "YAY FUN" add personality and humour to every frame! To showcase the card, I styled it against a clean marble background surrounded by real sea glass, smooth river stones, and delicate seashells. A touch of natural element framing really brings out the hand-coloured vibrancy of the papercraft!

Challenged entered: 
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-make-your-own-background-featuring-pink-main-products/
https://lovetocraftchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2026/07/ltccb-93-and-ltccb-92-winner-and-top.html
https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2026/07/ltscb-180-anything-goes-ltscb-179.html
https://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2026/07/anything-goes-weeks-762-763.html


Happy crafting! 

2 comments:

  1. Priya, your comic strip card is adorable! I love how much thought you put into the arrangement of the panels. It’s so bright, cheerful and fun. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! So adorable! All that colouring! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. It’s a pleasure to have you in the gallery!
    Diane- DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete