Sunday, 13 September 2026

Making a Splash with a New Mermaid Stamping Friend!

I’ve had so much fun in my craft studio this week, and I couldn't wait to share this adorable new card with all of you! I recently got my hands on a fantastic mermaid stamp set, and I was just itching to ink it up. The result is this sweet, oceanic scene featuring a very cute mermaid perched on a bed of sand and rocks.


To create the background, I decided to focus on a soft ink-blended ocean fade, starting with a lighter blue at the top and blending down into a deeper aqua for the sandy bottom. I used colour pencils to bring the characters to life, giving my mermaid a shimmering pink tail and lovely brown hair. I couldn't resist adding a little sparkle with some glitter accents on her tail and fin! Her fishy friend, who is swimming by to say "hi," got a bright yellow makeover to pop against the blue backdrop. For the final touches, I layered the colored elements onto a white card base and added a healthy spritz of water for a realistic, bubbly effect. The clean sentiment, "SPLASHING BY to Say Hi," was the perfect greeting to finish the look. This project was such a joy to create, and I hope it brings a smile to your face as well!


Challenges entered:
https://cleanandsimpleonsunday.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-342-sea.html
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=42988
https://heartsquestfantasy.blogspot.com/2026/08/hearts-quest-fantasy-challenges-54.html
https://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/2026/09/285-september-6-sheepski-designs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment