Friday 5 October 2018

Stenciled cards

Hello,

I am super excited to be here and I have 2 cards for today's post. To make these cards, I used stamps from My favorite things (You Gnome me) and Altenew (Build-a-flower-Rose). I used stencils from My favorite things (Crosshatch) . 

My favorite things has these super cute images which are awesome to stamp and colour.
I live Altenew layered stamp sets. They make stamping flowers so easy and they have matching dies. If you don't have dies, they are so easy to fuzzy cut as well. 

I made two card out of one stenciled image. First, I applied a layer of embossing paste on the stencil and added glitter embossing powder on the paste. I let this dry for about 10 mins and then heat set it. Now that my stencil part was ready, I turned it into two cards. 

On to the first card below: 

I used a sketch from Freshly made sketches (I am playing their challenge) and used the background for it. I stamped a flower and leaf set from Altenew  and added a sentiment from the same stamp set. I heat embossed the flower and leaves to give a shiny look. To finish the card, I added some embellishments. I totally love the look of heat embossing, something like cementy background. 








My second card is below

I used sketch from My favorite things sketch challenge. I wanted to some elements to cards so I stamped (heat embossed) the gnome, a snail and a mushroom from the stamp set. I used Zig clean colour real brush markers to colour the images and cut them out. 

Using double side adhesive I added the stenciled background to the card front and added the sentiment and images. To finish the card, I added some stone embellishment from my stash. 




I love how the heat embossing has turned out (I never excepted this result though). The cementy kind of look with the shine is perfect and such looks will go with almost all types of card. 

Challenges entered: 

  1. Freshly made sketches  
  2. The flower challenge

I hope you all liked my card. Please follow my blog and facebook page for more.

Happy Crafting

3 comments:

  1. What a great set of cards! I love that texture! It's so fun! That flower is just gorgeous! Love the bold colour! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that embossed background is wonderful.....adds fabulous texture and interest! Great cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such great cards..love the partial bkg and the way they sparkle.
    Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete