Monday 24 December 2018

Inspiration projects for Christmas

Hello,

This is an inspiration post for  Craftyscrappers DT. Its the last month of this year and we have a new theme for challenge 'Spirit of Christmas'. Its a fun theme and we have loads of stamps related to this theme at our store. Today, I have a CAS card using our new release for Christmas. I loved and enjoyed colouring and making this card. 


Materials required:

1. Craftyscrappers stamp - Merry & Bright, happy new year, floral wishes
2. Altenew Jet black ink
3. White card stock, Kraft card stock
4. Burlap ribbon, lace
5. Deco pearls - Antique gold
6. Candle
7. Milk carton gift die, Christmas tree die 
8. Colour pencils
9. Spray inks
10. Adhiesive - double sided, foam, glue

Lets start


CAS monochrome card




This is my favourite card for this month. I have used my favorite stamp set from Craftyscrappers - Floral wishes. The floral image here is wonderful and I tried a mono chrome effect here along with New year wishes sentiment. 

1. First, I stamped the biggest flower image from the set.
2. I used shades of black and grey colour pencils to colour the entire image (flower and leaves).
3. I added some spray ink on the background first and after it dried I stamped the sentiment. 
4. I added the flower using double sided foam adhesive. 
5. To finish the card, I added some deco pearls. 



Gift bag for chocolates




This is a quick and easy gift bag and can be used for many occasions. Here I used kraft card stock for making the bag. For this bag, I used an old die I had. 

1. I used A4 size card stock to die cut the bag. I was able to die cut 2 pieces from one sheet. (Such gift bags requires 2 die cuts to combine and turn them into a bag).
2. I next assemble these die cuts into a bag using double sided adhesive.
3. I added some white spray to give a snow like effect.
4. I had a christmas tree die cut with me, so I first added that to the bag. I left a little portion of it hanging on the side and top. 
5. I added a small strip of silver foam to the bottom of the bag.
6. I coloured a reindeer (cutest reindeer) and added it to the bag using foam adhesive.
7. I added the sentiment and some deco pearls to the bag to finish it. 



Decorative candle






Off late I love making decorative candle for festive season. I made a couple of them before using some flowers but this one is different. Size of candle is 2" x 4". This is a super easy candle project and I have fun making this. 

1. I first wrapped some red burlap tape on the top and bottom of the candle. 
2. Using some double side tape I added burlap roll and pasted the ends using hot glue gun. 
3. I added the lace on top and bottom and secured them with hot glue gun. 
4. I added the Christmas tree, reindeer and sentiment using glue gun (glue gun helps secure these well). I added the reindeer to make it look like they were having fun. 
5. To finish the candle, I added some gold ball chain and deco pearls. 


I hope you all like my projects.
Do not forget to check out design team projects HERE.

Follow my blog for more inspiration work.
happy Crafting

1 comment: