Monday 25 March 2019

Shadow box card tutorial

Hello there,

I am here today with a video tutorial post for Craftyscrappers where I did a shadow box and turned it into a card. For this card I used Sisters for life. I have also shown my way of colouring here using Tombow 1500 coloured pencils (36 set). I generally use poylchromos but wanted to try this too. 


For the shadow box I used heavy base card stock and did fuzzy cutting for the images. I added a lot of embellishments to decorate the card. 




YouTube linkhttps://youtu.be/FCgyrOckkEI

Materials used:
1. Craftyscrappers stamp - Sisters for life
2. White card stock
    a. 10 x 10 inch for shadow box
    b. 6 x 12 for card (scored in the middle)
3. Tombow 1500 coloured pencils (36 set)
4. Altenew inks
    a. Jet black
    b. Ocean waves
5. Embellishments
6. Glossy accents








Write up:
1. I took a 10 x 10 inch cardstock and scored 4 times at half at inch on all sides (1/2", 1", 1 1/2" and 2")
2. I marked two sides as A and the other two sides as B
3. On the side a (both the A sides) from the edge of the card, I scored at 1/2" upto the second the scored line.
4. I marked the portion that needs to be cut using a pencil.
5. I cut out the marked areas and the creased the scored lines using a bone folder.
6. I added tacky glue to the edge of the card stock (2 sides at a time) and placed it next to the last scored line (the score at 2") and pasted them together.
7. Using the bone folder, I secured them well. When you open it, it looks like an elongated cube. 
8. Do the same to other two sides too.
9. Adding little glue to the edges, paste the corners of the box. The box measures 6 inch by 6 inch and the middle part measures 5 x 5 inches. 
10. Now the box is ready, I added some ink on the sides and stamped a sentiment from the stamp set. 
11. I added pattern paper to the center and the images to it. I also added some embellishments and glossy accent to the skirts and the background. I also added a die cut snowflake to two corners of the shadow box
12. For the card, I tool 6 x 12 inch card base and scored in the middle to make it a 6 x 6 card. 
13. I pasted the shadow box to the card base and added some sentiment inside to finish the card. 


Hope you liked the video tutorial.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more tutorials.

Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment