Wednesday 19 January 2022

Stretch your dies

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media.

For today, I decided to raid my dies and pick out a couple of them and stretch them out turning them into super fun cards. I have two cards for today and both are simple cards and I made them under 20 mins. I didn't have to sit and fuzzy them out and added colour using alcohol markers which made my colouring job super easy. I love colour pencils because they are easy to add details plus I find it more comfortable or better to say I am bad with markers. I die cut all on white cardstock so I could use colours of my choice to colour them. 

This time, I was very fortunate to come across some new challenges to participate and I hope they like my submission. 


I would love to hear which is your favourite card in the comments below


Card 1


For this card, I used an old die from Birch press design (the die is retired and its from a layering die set)
Instead of die cutting, I embossed the die for the background and added it to my card base. I has tons of card bases ready to go. 
I used the die from Craftgully and I am in love with their dies. They die cut through any cardstock in one go and they are pocket friendly. I definitely recommend you to check out their dies. 
After die cutting, I used my alcohol markers to colour in the dies
I added them to the card base and a sentiment from Altenew (Label love) and pearls to finish the card.  




Card 2


For my next card, I used the same background die to emboss the background of my card. 
I die cut all the three leaves from foliage die set and was ready to colour.
I used shades of green, a hint of brown and a hint of yellow. I went along the sides of the die cut too so the white rim is not seen. 
I stamped a sentiment from Concord & 9 and fuzzy cut the sentiment. 
I added pearls and the sentiment to finish the card. 



Challenges entered:

Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along with our "across the border" challenge over at SOS!! Love your die cut leaves crossing over the border!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! I love the embossed backgrounds Thank you for joining in my challenge at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards ! Love how the flowers pop up over the beautiful white embossed backgrounds. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must use my dies for embossing....I never too, but it looks so effective. Both beautiful cards, I love the extra detailing on each flower of card 1

    Thank you so much for joining us at Passion for Markers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that detailed embossed design ... so glad you joined us across the border at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely made card. Very clean and simple. Very elegant. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this Month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to stretch you dies and the backgrounds are so pretty. Love how you coloured your dies too - especially the leaves. Such a lovely pair of cards.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great die selections and you stretched them into two fabulous projects! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! I love The background and pretty bloom. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful cards. I love the simple elegance the background border brought to both of them. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Shopping our Stash and hope you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You were selected as A Rising Star for the week of January 17-22, 2022 at A Place To Start! !Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    ReplyDelete