Monday 21 November 2022

Highlight stencil

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog and follow my work on social media. 

I am back with one of my favourite techniques which is highlighting stencils. I have done this many times and love working on this. The best way to create colourful cards is when you use stencils which has bigger colouirng space like the one I used here. For this card, I outlines the butterfly with a pencil and I used alcohol markers to colour first. I used colour pencils to give some depth and shading. I used a black marker to add an outline to the butterfly and this enhances the colours. Its a very very simple card and the focus stays on the technique. I finished the card, with some gemstones and a sentiment. 




Challenges entered:

Thank you for stopping by and hope you all enjoyed the card.
Stay happy and keep crafting.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, make sure to enter it in our Stencil Fun challenge, I have given the link below!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and cheerful card sure to make someone smile! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great end result of using a stencil. Love your colorful butterfly. Thanks for joining in HLS Stansell challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterfly is really special. It is lovely. thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priyadarshini, a beautiful butterfly card, I love the bright colours you have used, and the gemstones make the perfect embellishment, Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete