Saturday, 3 October 2026

Garden Party Parade

Hey everyone! Today I’m sharing a super sweet, clean-and-simple (CAS) card that is all about celebrating with some adorable garden friends. This design uses a clever layout to feature a parade of colored critters against a pastel fence backdrop, finished with a simple, elegant sentiment.


The focal point of this card is the central horizontal panel. To create this look, I started with a piece of white cardstock and masked off a strip with low-tack tape. Using a few Distress Oxide ink colors—Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, and Squeezed Lemonade—I blended a soft, diagonal sunset gradient across the panel. Once the ink was dry, I stamped the picket fence image directly onto this blended background using a deep brown hybrid ink to keep the lines soft.

Then came the fun part: coloring! I reached for my markers and pencils to bring these cute little critters from a popular stamp set to life. From left to right, I colored the snail, the little blue bug, the tiny green caterpillar, and the smiling yellow bee. For a cohesive look, I used similar blending techniques and shading with my markers to add depth and dimension to each character. Once colored, I trimmed the panel down and framed it neatly with thin black cardstock strips above and below, making it pop against the white card base.

To finish the card, I adhered the assembled panel horizontally across the upper-middle portion of a vertical white card base. Below the panel, in the open white space, I stamped the sentiment "Let's Celebrate" using a coordinating black ink, opting for a playful, hand-lettered style font to match the whimsy of the colored images. The clean, minimalist white space really allows the vibrant fence and cute characters to shine. This card comes together relatively quickly but makes such a cheerful statement, perfect for birthdays or any happy occasion!


No comments:

Post a Comment